Monday, November 22, 2010

Parents.....

You know what can eat my shorts? Well..nothing. BUT! What I don't like sometimes is a parent's lack of judgment. You know how when you bring home a friend or someone you like, your parents just don't like them "JUST BECAUSE"? It's usually the clothes that the person wears, or what they look like. I find it stupid. I understand, though, if a girl brought home a guy who talks funny, acts all twitchy, and ears clothes like he just got out of jail; I would smack the living daylights out of MY daughter. Actually, I would never let my daughter date. This is my sex talk with her:

Me: "Honey, what do you know about sex?"
Daughter: "I don't know, dad. Is it the dance people do in movies that you and mommy watch and tell me to go to bed?"
Me: " Hehe....no honey.....just know this. Sex is something you do after you're married. It's something you do to make the marriage valid. But in order to have sex, you need a license for it. You have to be 30 to get it. But in ORDER to GET a license, you have to take a test. You have to be at least 40 to take the test. And if you fail the test, you have to wait 6 years. You got it honey? When you want to have sex, I'll let you. You just have to get your paperwork to do it. You don't want to break the law, do you?"
Daughter: " I don't want to break the law. I understand you, daddy. I can't have sex until I die, right?"
Me: "That's my girl xD"

Anywho.... Why do parents make those assumptions? They also go through all the trouble of asking others who know OF the person, about the person. Why can't they just find out? Are they afraid their judgment is wrong? Is it because they just don't' like how they look, and it would make them look bad so they try to find bad stuff to pin them? Make their child not see them? Such stupidity. Parents know better, but sometimes they find their opinions based on how they used to live. How before, you COULD actually know what a person is by the clothes they wear, how they speak. You can't do that now. That's why people say that they love his or her PERSONALITY. It's character that counts. Parents should suspend their judgment, unless they have a real reason. Until then, we learn and grow up to be better parents than our own. Our parents may be the ones doing everything they can to provide for us, and give us what they never had; but as their children, we learn from them as well.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

For Mr. LB from Mrs. LB

javascript:void(0)